Do you ever have micro moments where you dislike yourself? Or feel like you could be doing better? Many may think that self-love is a vane, however I beg to differ. It’s a way to stay sane in a world that constantly tells you to hate yourself. It’s necessary to take care of yourself and make it your number one priority. And remember that it’s no one’s job to like you other than your own.
- Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you- You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with, so surround yourself with people who motivate you to be a better person. The people closest to you should act as your own personal fan club and be cheering you on in your endeavors.
- The way you love yourself will define how you want to be treated in a relationship- If you do not value yourself, you will always be attracted to people who do not value you either. If you have a low self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-respect, people will easily walk all over you. You are giving someone the power to manipulate and take advantage of you. Never let people like this win. You are worthy of every great thing the world has to offer.
- Forgive yourself for your mistakes- There is not a single perfect human being on this planet. Everyone makes mistakes whether they want you to know it or not. Learn and grow from them. You live and you learn, right?
- Reduction in your stress, depression, and anxiety levels- When you are unsatisfied, you often pick yourself apart and tell yourself that you are not good enough. You can reduce your stress, depression, and anxiety levels by speaking well of yourself. Think more positively and step out of your comfort zone.
- It’s okay to have moments when you are unhappy- Sometimes, it’s okay to be upset, unhappy, and unsatisfied with yourself. You just can’t let your emotions control you. Remember to maintain a respectful and responsible demeanor in the workplace and wait until you go home to sulk your sorrows.
- Own who you are- You should never have to apologize for being yourself around the people who know and love you. If you disagree with someone, then learn to speak to them in a respectful manner. Most people do not respond to anger well, so be conscious of how you speak to others. Remember you are always responsible for your own behavior.
- Treat yourself how you want to be treated others- Remember the “Golden Rule” that you learned in third grade and sadly too many people have forgotten? Bring that concept back into your life and good things will happen to you.
- Better health and personal growth- Exercising, attending fitness classes, or going for hikes is not only good for your physical health, but also for your mental health. Release those endorphins and trigger those positive feelings. Get outside and soak up the sunshine.
- Will this matter to you a year from now? – Remember that everything in life is temporary. Will whatever is bothering you matter a year from now? If not, then do not waste another second thinking or dwelling over it. Move on.
- Get to know yourself- I know it’s a strange thing to say, but many people don’t know themselves well enough. A fun way to learn more about who you are is to take personality quizzes. Sometimes, they are rather accurate and reveal pieces you never noticed about yourself before. Here is a link if you are interested in trying one out.
Question of the day: Would things get better or worse if humans focused on what was going well rather than what’s going wrong? Leave your comments below!
Wherever you are in the world stay happy, healthy, and safe! ❤️