Some of the wealthiest people are far from content with their lives, while those that are far from wealthy are the most joyful. How ironic? Money truly doesn’t buy happiness. It’s a means of survival and helps pay the bills though. Teach yourself to live within your means. Once you learn to be happy with what you have, then you will stop wanting more. I know that saving money can be stressful, so here are some helpful tips for those that need a little inspiration.
1) Rule of thumb to teach yourself, if you cannot pay for something with cash, then you cannot afford to buy it.
2) If you resort to using credit cards to get points/build credit, then pay off your balance each month. If your credit card has an interest rate of 7% or higher pay it off fast.
3) Invest in yourself, open a 401k, a Roth IRA, or an emergency fund. You should never underestimate the investment you make in yourself.
4) Create a monthly financial budget. If you need someone to push you then get a financial coach. You can always find several free spreadsheets online. Google it!
5) Save money to spend on experiences rather than material goods. Memories are worth more than any possession you buy yourself.
6) Pack your own lunch and eat out less. It’s usually better for your wallet and your health.
7) If something breaks and you need to learn how to fix it, try to use YouTube first.
8) Teach yourself to stop buying things to impress others. Don’t go broke trying to look rich. You have no idea how many people in the world are living off of credit cards.
9) If you feel the need to treat yourself to something, then buy it on sale or use coupons or promo codes.
10) Buy less. Choose well. Make it last. Learn to say no. Learn to live without.
Most importantly, remember that there is more to life than material things. To some degree money matters, but it isn’t everything. Some people are so poor all they have is money. There is more to life than paying bills. The people you surround yourself with should be your talisman or good luck charm. Surround yourself with those that bring out the absolute best in you. The ones who always want to see you succeed. If you do not have people like that in your life, then get a new tribe. Question of the day: If you had one million dollars how would you spend it? No judgment! Leave your comments below!
Wherever you are in the world stay happy, healthy, and safe! ❤️