Fun fact of the day: Did you know that when you blush, feel awkward, and or embarrassed the inside of your stomach turns bright red? The only time you would ever feel embarrassed is because you care what someone else thinks. I know it’s difficult to teach yourself to stop caring how others perceive you. The simplest solution is to only care how you perceive yourself. Personally, I have never suffered from social anxiety, however I know many do. Here are a few signs that you may have social anxiety and some tips on how to overcome those feelings.
Signs of Social Anxiety
- Difficulty ordering food in a restaurant
- Scared to make phone calls or schedule appointments
- Feeling uncomfortable in public places
- Assuming others are always making fun of you
- Wanting to stay in bed forever to avoid people
- Patience is a virtue and overcoming social anxiety takes hard work- Remind yourself that all good things take time. Rome wasn’t built in a day and be willing to focus on bettering yourself.
- Understand, accept, and love your imperfect self- Every human being has flaws, bad days, and insecurities. Don’t be so hard on yourself, you are only human.
- Eating and sleeping well will make a big difference- In the world we live in, people often look up to be people who can work endlessly on a few hours of sleep. It’s completely unhealthy though. Eating and sleeping well will improve your concentration and productivity.
- There is no reason to think people hate you– Hate is a strong word. If you have not done anything wrong, then do not assume people hate you. Every person you meet does not need to be your friend and you do not need to like them either. It’s better to be selective with who you invest your time in. Surround yourself with people that want to see you succeed.
- It’s okay to need medication– You do not need to allow this to rule your life. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with seeking help through therapy or medication. If you do not feel ready to do either of those things you can always reach out to supportive groups.
You’ll be okay, take it one day at a time.
Question of the day: If you were given a book with the story of your life, would you want to read the end? Leave your comments below!
Wherever you are in the world stay happy, healthy, and safe! ❤️