Do you ever realize patterns in yourself or get a premonition that something might happen again? Sometimes, the worst place you can be is in your own head. Whenever I notice myself feeling even the least bit negative, uncertain, or unhappy I find ways to knock myself out of it. Here are a few tips for you, let me know what you think.
- Start off every morning meditating- Rather than scrolling through phone first thing in the morning, focus on breathing and meditating before you get out of bed. It’s good for your mind, body, and soul. When you meditate your brain secretes endorphins that help elevate your mood. You should learn to create a strong connection between your mind and body. Breathing is a tool you can use to calm yourself down.
- Remind yourself to get off of social media and live life- Digital dementia is the overuse of digital technology resulting in the breakdown of cognitive abilities. Nowadays, people are using their smartphones as their brains rather than their actual brains. I love technology and the Internet, but for some of us it is doing more harm than good. Turn off your phone for at least one hour a day and have some time to yourself. It will be good for your mental health and your emotional well-being.
- Try to make plans with someone at least once a week– Social interaction is one of the most important factors in the physical health and well-being of everyone. Go out to lunch with one of your best friends, go to the beach, and enjoy the sunshine. And when you can’t find the sunshine, you better be the sunshine.
- Treat your body to fresh and healthy food- Did you know that eating bananas is a natural cure to reduce the effects of stress and anxiety? Eat food that is good for your body because you will feel better about your body too. Love your body and teach your mind to respect it. You aren’t a true Millennial if you haven’t tried an acai smoothie bowl, avocado toast, and kale chips, right? I’m just kidding!
- Engage in an intense workout session- Exercise is the greatest form of therapy. The gym is the best place to tune out the world and pop in your earbuds. Remember progress is still progress no matter how small. We all have to start somewhere, right? Go to a hot yoga class, do cardio kick boxing, or lift weights. I promise you will never regret a workout.
- Take a shower or a hot bath at the end of the day- Once a week for twenty minutes, sit in a hot bath, and soak away your sorrows with your rubber ducky. Of course, the duck is optional. Grab a handful of sea salts and ten drops of lavender essential oils this will help lower your stress hormones and balance your pH levels. Pretend you are Rev Run in the tub, grab your Blackberry, and relax.
What do you do when you want to relax? Leave your comments below!
Also, wherever you are in the world stay happy, healthy, and safe! ❤️